Saturday 6 September 2014

Gaurang, A Blessing To The Handloom Industry!!!

I am aware of the label "Gaurang" by Gaurang Shah since early 2013. All I know about him is his work, so I am still working out on my research. No offence, but he is the South-Indian Sabyasachi. Only, it gets much better every season. I wont get too deep into the details as I know the next thing you do after reading this post is dig for Gaurang Shah. Apart from his striking cute smile, his designs are to die for. People, including me find them very expensive. When I say expensive, they are like crazily expensive. But I guess customization comes with certain privileges where price tag is one of them. His work is so distinctive you can easily identify.

Courtesy - Gaurang
How cute can a picture get???

Ever-graceful Kiron Kher, bubbly Taapsee Pannu, "the real Indian woman" Vidya Balan as muses and Mamata Reddy to adorn the walls on his stores with her distinctive Kalamkari patterns, now you know what to expect when you visit the store. He works with two other like-minded people Mira Sagar@Vaya and Bappaditya Biswas@Byloom. This trio works for a good cause and its definitely something we dont get to see often. Gaurang collection features Uppada, Kanjeevaram, Paithani, Kota and Banares. He also works on Khadi, which made me notice his work upfront. Up until Gaurang, Khadi for me was something from my granny's wardrobe. Now thanks to him, I am dying to own a Khadi saree. Oh yeah, he makes salwar suits too! You can visit Gaurang stores in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore and save the best for last, Chennai which opened yesterday probably!

How could I forget the most stylish Shreedevi Chowdary Nekkanti from Hyderabad? She dons so many feathers in her hat, so I will probably save that for an exclusive post. I am telling you, she is not to miss! She is the beauty with one hell of a wardrobe loaded with probably all possible designer labels from around the world. If its a saree, I see her mostly in Gaurang as they are very distinctive on her.

Moving on, you can either visit the store or contact Gaurang here...

No comments:

Post a Comment